Temporary Local Rules February 2022
Preferred lies are currently in operation on all closely mown surfaces. Players may lift, clean and replace their ball within one club length.
Abnormal Ground Conditions
The following areas of the course are ground under repair. The player may take relief under Rule 16-1:
- All trench works in the general area.
- Branch piles, leaf and stick piles that have been raked up.
- Burnt ash piles.
- Storm damage: Any disturbed areas due to tree removal, ground out stumps or cut and standing stumps.
- Areas marked by white lines or white stakes including the left- hand side of the 16th forward of the tee.
- The path behind the 6th green. Two drop zones are available, players can take relief in the closest zone to their ball.
Players may remove the flagstick while putting, however the flagstick must be sanitised after handling. Players are responsible for the sanitising of the flagstick.
Players may enter their own hole scores on the scorecard or the MiScore App (it is not necessary for a marker to do it). It is not necessary to have a marker physically certify the player’s hole scores, however verbal certification with a playing partner should take place.
A note on cart hire
If members or visitors wish to hire a cart during competitions, you must book the cart first. Please do not just take a cart, it may be already hired by other members or visitors.
Golf Fore a Cause
Events at Trentham may be included in the "Golf Fore a Cause" competition operated and supported by Drummond Golf Niddrie. Proceeds go to Lifeline.
Entry costs an extra $5 over the normal club competition fee, and there is $1500 worth of prizes available each month, including $500 for the best score. All scores will be judged on the golfer's Stableford handicapping score in GolfLink. Every golfer who matches or beats their handicap will win a sleeve of three golf balls.