Temporary Local Rules January 2021
Abnormal Ground Conditions
The following areas of the course are ground under repair.
The player may take relief under Rule 16-1:
- All trench works in the general area.
- Leaf and stick piles that have been raked up.
- Burnt ash piles.
- Areas marked by white lines.
- Any areas where stumps have been removed and ground out.
- Line of sight relief may be taken on greens where there is bird damage between where your ball lies and the hole.
The player must take relief under Rule 16-1:
- The area on the left-hand side of the 16th fairway as defined by the white stakes
All rakes have been removed, players are required to smooth sand with their shoe or club. Preferred lies of up to one club length no nearer the hole may be taken.
Players should leave the flagstick in the hole at all times.
Players may enter their own hole scores on the scorecard (it is not necessary for a marker to do it). It is not necessary to have a marker physically certify the player’s hole scores, however verbal certification with a playing partner should take place.
A note on cart hire
If members or visitors wish to hire a cart during competitions, you must arrange this with Karen or Larissa in the Birdie Kitchen. Please do not just take a cart, it may be already hired by other members or visitors.
Golf Fore a Cause
Events at Trentham may be included in the "Golf Fore a Cause" competition operated and supported by Drummond Golf Niddrie. Proceeds go to Lifeline.
Entry costs an extra $5 over the normal club competition fee, and there is $1500 worth of prizes available each month, including $500 for the best score. All scores will be judged on the golfer's Stableford handicapping score in GolfLink. Every golfer who matches or beats their handicap will win a sleeve of three golf balls.