When we surveyed the course after the storm on June 9, we wondered how we would ever clear it to be playable again. However, with some simply great work from everyone we've managed to do it! This help has come from:
- Our greens staff, Bob Dobinson and Sam Bruton, and their assistants John Bell and Mark Fisher, who have done an amazing job in often wet conditions.
- All the volunteer members who have helped on the course, from chainsawing to clearing, raking and piling, or simply providing lunches to workers.
- Volunteer greens staff who have come from other clubs, as far away as Portland and Portsea!
- Arborists, machinery operators and mulchers that we have hired to do work in a professional and timely manner
- Committee members who have organised working bees (big cheer to Geoff Durham!) and a host of administrative requirements for organisation and help.
A special thanks to neighbouring clubs who offered their courses to Trentham members while our course was out of action. It was really appreciated by members, and shows the spirit of co-operation that exists within golf.
So a great big Trentham Golf Club thankyou to everyone!
Volunteer members, visitors and greens staff all did a magnificent job to re-open the course.