2020 Trentham Tournament
Trentham Tournament review
Trentham Golf Club will be reviewing the tournament and making a decision in the next week. With the change in Covid-19 regulations to Step Three, holding a modified tournament is a definite possibility, however we need to discuss the tournament with the respective captains, match committees and caterers. Options at present include:
- A reduction in the number of events to make management easier.
- Completely online management of all events using internet booking and payments, timesheets, OneGolf competition management, public leaderboards, online result notification and prize postage.
- Start times off the 1st tee only, from early morning to early afternoon, for all events. Covid-19 regulations for group sizes (and avoidance of large groups congregating) preclude us from having two-tee starts, shotgun starts, large crowds or presentations in the clubhouse.
- A "supplementary" Autumn tournament with one or two events when hopefully we reach the last "Step".
"Step Three" for regional victoria
Playing golf at Trentham
Covid-19 restrictions have been relaxed to Step Three in regional Victoria. For Trentham Golf Club this means:
- Play is now permitted in groups of four.
- Timesheets are now available in 4s, ten minutes apart
- Competition tee times are available from 7.00 until 2.00
- Golfers within each four must still keep 1.5 metres apart, and groups should maintain a fairway distance of 100 metres from other groups on the course.
- Masks must be worn (except when eating).
- Unfortunately, we still cannot accept visitors or members from Melbourne Stage 4 lockdown areas.
- We do not have hire of golf clubs or pull buggies.
- Under Covid-19 regulations, ride-on golf cart hire is limited to a person who has a disability, is over the age of 65, or who can demonstrate that they require one due to having special needs. Carts will be thoroughly cleaned between each use.
- Members can use their own motorised carts, but must sanitise them before and after use.
- The clubhouse will be open for 10 people in one "space". We are looking at creating an additional outdoor area on the verandah or elsewhere for more capacity. Birdie Kitchen takeaway food service will still be available from the back kitchen window.
We encourage everyone to score using the MiScore app. Those without the app can submit their scores before 6pm on the day by using the website Report Your Score form.
You must book to play
With Covid-19 Stage 3 restrictions, the club is required by the current State Health regulations to register all golfers to the course, with a minimum of your name, contact phone number and time of attendance. We are also required to refuse entry to anyone whose address is currently registered as being in a Stage 4 lockdown area.
Golfers cannot turn up to play without booking and payment must be made before playing. Course marshalls will be checking all golfers for ID, booking and payment. There are no walk-up starts available.
For visitor bookings please use the tee-time request form or call 5424 1046. Members and green fee pass holders can book any time by logging in to the OneGolf timesheets. Green fee payments may be made using the form on this website, or through the ticket machine at the clubhouse.
Covid-19 green fee payment
Paying green fees
There are two ways you can pay your green fees on the spot when you arrive at Trentham without using a cash transaction.
The first is to pay at our ticket machine using PayWave for Visa or Mastercard. Follow the number prompts, then Paywave your card at the end. Please note that there is a limit of $100 for PayWave transactions without a PIN, so you may have to split transactions of more than $100 into two separate payments .
The second is to pay with Paypal, Visa or Mastercard using the payment form here on our website. What's even easier is to scan the QR code posted outside the clubhouse with your phone and it will take you straight to this payment form. There is a small charge of 60 cents per player to help cover our Paypal costs. You may also have to turn on scanning of QR codes on your phone.
Making it easy to get into golf
At Trentham we offer a range of options to get into and keep playing golf. While we have full memberships for those who prefer the wonderful option of belonging to a club, unlike many clubs this is not all we offer. We also have a number of options for social golfers, summer golfers, or those who would just like green fee discounts for playing regularly.
All our memberships are very affordable and provide a GolfLink handicap with a Trentham GolfLink number and personal insurance.
Green fee passes provide very affordable, year-round social play at Trentham (please note that passes carry no handicap or insurance).
The membership year at Trentham for full memberships is March 1 to February 28 (pro rata fees available). Access, Lifestyle memberships and green fee passes are valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
To read details of the full range of memberships and green fee passes, click the buttons below. You can buy memberships and passes online using Paypal, Visa, Mastercard or direct bank deposit.