Online competitions FAQ
Competitions at Trentham have returned to normal conditions post-Covid with vouchers, ball comp and nearest the pins.
The clubhouse is currently open for a maximum of 52 people. Food and drinks service is available from the Birdie Kitchen in the clubhouse and also by takeaway from the back kitchen window.
How do I play in a competition?
- Competitions are entered through the MiClub member website.
- Members form their own group via the MiClub time sheets, and start at their selected tee time in a maximum group of four.
- Play is limited to the specific day of the competition, but at any time you choose up to 12.30pm.
How do I enter a competition?
The best way to enter is through the appropriate competition time sheet on the MiClub member home page
- Go to the Trentham MiClub member website (we advise bookmarking this page) and log-in using your GolfLink member number (remove "30606" and any leading zeros e.g. 3060600999 becomes 999) and your selected password.
- Go to “Bookings” and select the OPEN event you wish to enter from the list.
- You can book for just yourself (“Book Me” in the cell), or for yourself and others (“Book Group” next to the time).
- You can join other golfers if there is a space free.
- If necessary contact the other members by phone to arrange your times. For contact details, use the OneGolf Members Directory and click on the next to their name.
- If for some reason you are unable or no longer wish to play please take your name off the timesheet before the competition starts.
You can also enter competitions through the touchscreen in the clubhouse, but this option has limited starting times. If you wish to play early or later, the timesheets are your best option.
How do I buy competition credits?
- Credits for competitions can be purchased by going to the buy member competition credits page.
- Credits are $5.00 each. There is a 2% charge to cover Paypal and credit card fees and administration (40c cents for four credits).
- Members can purchase competition credits in blocks of 4, 8 or 12. One credit is required per competition ($5.00).
- You can also purchase credits in the clubhouse on competition days by cash or EFTPOS when the clubhouse is open.
- Access and Lifestyle (April to September) members can purchase competition credits in blocks of 4, 8 or 12. Four credits are required per competition ($20.00).
- When you have used up all your competition credits, you must buy another block. Anyone who has negative credits will be deleted from the timesheet.
- You can keep track of your credits at the buy member competition credits page. An automated e-mail reminder will be sent when your balance reaches zero or goes into the negative.
- If the credits system is ever discontinued in the future, any credits remaining will be applied to normal competitions.
What is required to play?
- The time sheet will have times available in groups of four, eight minutes apart from 6.00 to 5.00. Competition start times are all morning up to 12.30pm.
- You must go to the first tee when it is your tee time. People who miss their teetime may be required to wait for a vacant time, which could be 1-2 hours later if the bookings are heavy.
- During play, remember the rules of social distancing at all times, and all the other hygiene requirements or Local Rules the club has imposed (for example, flags in at all times). For a complete explanation of procedures and local rules, see this article.
- You can score for yourself, with verbal score agreement by the other player in your group.
- You do not need to mark the other golfer’s card or sign a card as a marker at the end.
How do I submit a score?
- We recommend the MiScore App for all scoring. It is easy to operate and submits your score immediately at the end of your round. It has many other features such as a leaderboard, personal stats and GPS distance to the pin. You can get it from the Apple or Android app store. There is an annual fee of $16.49 for a user subscription to the MiScore App.
- Otherwise you can use a card and report your score using the touchscreen in the clubhouse, You should sanitise your hands before using the touchscreen.
- After your round, 1 credit (Members) or 4 credits (Access members) will be deducted from your credit account.
What about competition results and prizes?
- Results will be available through MiClub, Leaderboards or on the Facebook page as usual when the competition is processed.
- Prize vouchers, balls in the ball competition and nearest the pin prizes will be awarded. They will be available at the starting and finishing table.
- Vouchers can be redeemed for more competition credits at a rate of 1 credit per $5 of voucher value. Vouchers can be redeemed at the start or finish table, please ask and submit your voucher.
- Please note that Drummond Golf vouchers cannot be redeemed, they can only be used at Drummond Golf.
- Prizes such as the Eclectic and Averages have recommenced in 2021.
Questions or problems?
Please write to the administrator.