Frequently asked questions
Online competitions FAQ
Please note that if the course is required to be closed completely, no competitions or social play will be available.
The clubhouse is open for a maximum of 20 people, and food and drinks service is available.
How do I play in a competition?
- Competitions will now be entered through the OneGolf website. There will be no entry in the clubhouse.
- Members will form their own group via the OneGolf time sheet capability, play “socially” at their own time in a maximum group of four.
- Play is limited to the specific day of the competition, but at any time you choose between 8.30am and 12.30pm.
How do I enter a competition?
The only way to enter will be through the appropriate competition time sheet on OneGolf.
- Go to the Trentham OneGolf website and log-in using your GolfLink member number (remove "30606" and any leading zeros e.g. 3060600999 becomes 999) and password (usually your birthdate eg. "1204").
- Go to “Bookings” and select the OPEN event you wish to play from the list.
- You can book for just yourself (“Book Me” in the cell), or for yourself and other golfing partners (“Book Group” next to the time).
- You can join other golfers if there is a space free.
- If necessary contact other members by phone to arrange your times. For contact details, use the OneGolf Members Directory and click on the next to their name.
How do I buy competition credits?
- Credits for competitions can be purchased by going to the Buy Credits form.
- Credits are $5.00 each. There is a 2.5% charge to cover Paypal and credit card fees and administration.
- Members can purchase competition credits in blocks of 4, 8 or 12. One credit is required per competition ($5.00).
- You can also purchase credits in the clubhouse on competition days by cash or EFTPOS.
- Access and Lifestyle (April to September) members can purchase competition credits in blocks of 4, 8 or 12. Four credits are required per competition ($20.00).
- When you have used up all your competition credits, you must buy another block. Anyone who has zero credits will be deleted from the competition.
- You can keep track of your credits here. No reminders will be issued.
- Any credits remaining in the credits system will be applied to normal competitions when and if they resume at a later date.
What is required to play?
- The time sheet will have times available in groups of four, ten minutes apart from 7.00 to 1.00.
- You should go to the first tee when it is your tee time. People who miss their teetime may be required to wait for a vacant time, which could be 1-2 hours later if the bookings are heavy.
- During play, remember the rules of social distancing at all times, and all the other hygiene requirements or Local Rules the club has imposed (for example, flags in at all times). For a complete explanation of procedures and local rules, see this article.
- You can score for yourself, with verbal score agreement by another player in your group.
- You do not need to mark the other golfer’s card or sign a card as a marker at the end.
How do I submit a score?
- Score reporting will now be done through either the touchscreen in the clubhouse, or submitting your card in the box on the finishing table. There is no longer any need for reporting by email or web form.
- After your round, 1 credit (Members) or 4 credits (Access members) will be deducted from your "credit bank".
What about competition results and prizes?
- Results will be available through OneGolf or on the Facebook page as usual when the competition is processed.
- Prize vouchers and balls in the ball competition will still be awarded. If not picked up on the day, they will be available on a table at subsequent events.
- Vouchers can be redeemed for more competition credits at a rate of 1 credit per $5 of voucher value. Vouchers can be redeemed at the start or finish table, please ask and submit your voucher.
- Please note that Drummond Golf vouchers cannot be redeemed, they can only be used at Drummond Golf.
- There will be no nearest-the-pin prizes.
- Prizes such as the Eclectic and Averages have been suspended.
Questions or problems?
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org